The Pros and Cons of Installing a Back-To-Wall Toilet in Your Bathroom
A toilet is one of the most important fixtures in a bathroom, and when it comes to buying a new one, the choices can be overwhelming. One of the popular options these days is the back-to-wall toilet. This type of toilet is sleek, modern, and adds a touch of sophistication to any bathroom. However, like any other product, it has its own set of pros and cons. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of installing a back-to-wall toilet in your bathroom, so you can make an informed decision.
1. Space-saving Design: A back-to-wall toilet is specially designed to save space, making it perfect for small bathrooms. The cistern is hidden behind a wall, which means that there is no need for unsightly pipes and bulky cisterns. It gives a neat and tidy look to the bathroom. Moreover, the compact design also makes it easy to clean and maintain.
2. Aesthetic Appeal: Another great thing about a back-to-wall toilet is that it adds a modern and sophisticated touch to the bathroom. The sleek and clean lines of the toilet give it a stylish and elegant look that matches well with any type of bathroom decor. It is a perfect choice for those who want to create a minimalist and contemporary look in their bathroom.
3. User-Friendly: Back-to-wall toilets are designed with user-friendly features in mind. They are usually at a comfortable height, making it easier for people of all ages to use the toilet. Additionally, they are designed with a soft-closing seat and lid that help prevent damage from slamming down
Installation Cost: The cost of installing a back-to-wall toilet is higher than that of a regular toilet. Since the cistern is concealed behind the wall, special installation work is required to fit the toilet properly. This means that installation cost and time are higher than a regular toilet.
2. Accessibility: Back-to-wall toilets are not accessible from the cistern side. This makes any repairs or maintenance work on the cistern more difficult as the wall has to be removed to access the cistern.
3. Compatibility Issues: The installation of a back-to-wall toilet is often complicated by compatibility issues. The wall must be sturdy enough to support the weight of the toilet, and the waste system must be compatible with the toilet. Check these factors before you decide to have a back-to-wall toilet installed.
Back to the wall toilets favorites
Back-to-wall toilets are a modern and practical solution for any bathroom. They are designed to be installed flush against the wall, making them ideal for smaller spaces or bathrooms with limited floor space. Back-to-wall toilets provide a sleek and clean appearance while also being easy to maintain and clean. At Swiss Madison, we offer a wide range of back-to-wall toilets that are both stylish and functional. Some of our favorite models include the St. Tropez Back-to-Wall Elongated Toilet Bowl, the Concorde Back-to-Wall Square Toilet Bowl, and the Cascade Back-to-Wall Elongated Toilet Bowl. Each model is designed with quality and style in mind, ensuring that you can find the perfect back-to-wall toilet for your bathroom.
swiss madison wall hung toilet installation
Swiss Madison wall hung toilets are a popular choice for modern bathroom designs due to their sleek and space-saving design. Installing a Swiss Madison wall hung toilet is a relatively straightforward process that requires some basic plumbing knowledge and tools.
The first step is to measure and mark the location for the toilet carrier frame, which is typically installed within the bathroom wall. The frame provides the necessary support for the toilet bowl and tank, ensuring that it is securely mounted to the wall. Once the frame is in place, the plumbing can be installed, including the water supply and waste pipe.
Next, the toilet bowl and tank are attached to the frame, using the included mounting hardware. The tank is typically concealed behind a wall-mounted panel, giving the toilet a clean and streamlined appearance. Finally, the toilet seat is attached, and the water supply is turned on to ensure that everything is functioning properly.
Overall, the installation process for a Swiss Madison wall hung toilet is relatively straightforward and can be completed by a professional plumber or experienced DIY enthusiast. With proper installation and maintenance, a wall hung toilet can provide years of reliable and stylish service in any bathroom.
Leave a comment